Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mistakes can still have happy endings

My friend Amy invited me to borrow her kitchen for a little "away from home" baking. So I looked in the book for a simple recipe that didn't require frosting. And alas, I discovered the Blondie Cupcakes! Super simple to make, no fuss, and no frosting. PERFECT! So I went to the local Hy-vee (greatest place on earth) and got my ingredients.

Ingredients:
Cupcakes
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped (3 ounces)
1/4 cup toffee bits


Yay for fun ingredients! Wait... what? Peanut butter chips? DANG IT! Yes, it's true. I was on the phone with my mother, and was very distracted, and grabbed peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch. Okay. So sue me. The cupcakes still tasted great and the world didn't explode, so I think all is going to be okay.


Also, the batter looked a bit thick. So I added a couple of tablespoons of milk to wet it down a bit. We then got more cupcakes than the recipe said we would, but who is going to throw a fit about TOO MANY cupcakes? I thought not. They still were amazing. I'm a huge recipe changer today... sorry guys. They were still awesome, so I'm not too worried about it. I promise.


Fresh out of the oven! The baking time was less than what the recipe says, be forewarned.


Doesn't that look sweet?



These cupcakes are wonderful, because of the different chips and nuts in them. I loved the cashews. Great idea!



Amy definitely approved. These cupcakes are super sweet and super simple. THESE are the ones to make when you have to bake for a bunch of people. They are a great idea. However, if people don't like nuts, I can't guarantee that they'll be huge fans. Take these to meetings, functions, school parties, potlucks. They are a real winner. Happy baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com